Fresh & Local Market
Come & taste this year's award-winning Victorian extra virgin olive oils & meet the growers at the Fresh & Local Market. Try some yummy chocolate cake, Kalamata biscuits and tapenade; all made with award-winning 2017 Victorian extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). Learn how to identify and buy high quality olive oils, watch an olive oil making demonstration and see how easy it is to cure table olives.
- 10.30am – evaluating EVOOs; how to taste and what to look for (repeated at 2.30pm)
- 11.30am – how to buy a high quality EVOO; understanding the importance of region, climate, harvest time and oil age (repeated at 3.30pm)
- 12.00pm – olive oil making demonstration (repeated at 3.00pm)
- 12.30pm – how to cure table olives (repeated at 1.30pm).
All Day Displays and Activities
- Olive oil tastings hosted by knowledgeable and friendly growers
- Learn about the health benefits of EVOO
- Try some free yummy EVOO chocolate cake, Kalamata biscuits & tapenade
- Competition – win six of the best bottles of award-winning 2017 Victorian EVOOs
- Buy some of the best EVOOs in Australia.
Sign up to the Convent’s monthly e-news, The Humbug, to keep abreast of what’s on at the Convent.