Learn to draw and to paint with oils or acrylics with professional artist Rick Matear. Rick has been exhibiting for 30 years and teaching for over 15 years.
- Classes are for beginners to advanced
- Explaining colour thory and various drawing techniques
- Large open-style studio
- Maximum of six students per class
- Acrylic paint provided
- Six-class program
The class will develop your confidence and creative expression. You will also learn:
- Drawing techniques
- Painting with oil paint, with or without medium
- Colour mixing techniques using primary colours
- Colour theory, based on the colour wheel
- Painting teh pitcure as one
- Body friendly practices while painting (inspired by Alexander Technique).
About Rick Matear
Melbourne artist Rick Matear loves painting and the atmosphere at the Abbotsford Convent. His door is usually open, where he can be seen making his pictures. Rick is renowned for his compelling depictions of the picturesque coastal area of the Mornington Peninsula. His paintings are reflective of his love of Mornington Peninsula, where he has spent every summer holiday he can remember. He has been exhibiting his works in one man shows for the last four years at Manyung Gallery Sorrento, and before then, the last ten years at Collins Street Gallery Melbourne. In his delicate paintings luminous figures are depicted rising out from rippling surf, sunbathing on gleaming white sand and bathing boxes are pictured pressed against the edge of cliffs, their hard structures disappearing into soft foliage.
Sign up to the Convent’s monthly e-news, The Humbug, to keep abreast of what’s on at the Convent.