Abbotsford Convent App
See what’s on and make the most of your visit to Australia’s largest multi-arts precinct, Abbotsford Convent.
With contemporary art galleries, great cafés, wellbeing services and a year-round program of arts and cultural workshops and events, there’s loads to see and do.
The Convent app helps you:
- Plan your visit with our ‘What’s On’ guide
- Explore the site’s 6.8 hectares of stunning heritage grounds and gardens
- Find your way to workshops, meetings and events with our interactive map
- Find more than 100 arts, cultural, learning and wellbeing practitioners and NFP organisations based at the Convent
- Step back in time with our self-guided social history tour
The primary purpose of the app is to provide a way-finding tool for our visitors and frequent Convent users, however the self-guided social history tour adds an educational, thought-provoking element to your visit.
The tour includes oral history recordings with a Wurundjeri Elder, former Convent sisters of the Good Shepherd order, a former resident, and a member of the Abbotsford Convent Coalition, sharing the story of the fight to save the Convent from commercial development more than a decade ago. This tour is a taster to our guided social history tours, led by passionate volunteers and experts each week at the Convent.
This app was generously funded by public donations. The Abbotsford Convent Foundation expresses our sincere thanks to everyone who donated for your support in bringing this project to life.
Head to the Apple iTunes store to download the app today!