Open Spaces Festival is the Abbotsford Convent's biggest event of the year, enlivening this heritage precinct with a feast of diverse music, art, markets, food and more. This year's event will take place on 9 and 10 November 2019.
We're currently recruiting volunteers to assist with a range of tasks across the festival program, with a key focus on visitor engagement, invigilation, and supporting participatory activities. The roles will assist with set-up and pack down of spaces, project rooms and outdoor areas.
- Front of house including:
- Visitor Information: Welcoming visitors to the festival and provide relevant, informed information on the event and specific activities
- Wayfinding: Providing information to attendees about where to go, amenities, places to eat, and other activities on site.
- Guided walks: Leading guided walks across the precinct’s activated spaces and provide information about these activations.
- Invigilation: Overseeing installations and programs to ensure any specific guidelines are maintained.
- Facilitators: Assisting with workshops including children’s workshops.
- Production Support: Assisting with installation set up and pack down, and other production tasks as required (requires some lifting).
- Artist Liaison: Managing green room and being main point of contact for artists.
- Waste Warrior: Keeping the precinct tidy by picking up rubbish and educating people on waste and sustainability.
- Carpark: Welcome visitors into the carpark, assisting with any queries and issues, helping patrons find car spaces.
Open Spaces 2019 will be held over the weekend of Saturday 9 November (12pm – 9pm) and Sunday 10 November (12pm – 6pm). Volunteers must commit to a minimum of two shifts in the days prior to the event and/or across the event weekend. You will also need to attend a training session on Tuesday 5 November (6pm – 8pm).