Convent Kids Volunteers
Convent Kids offers exciting experiences for children and families to explore and create art together. Through a series of hands-on activities over summer, Convent Kids invites children to discover art and participate in fun and playful experiences at the Abbotsford Convent.
This summer, Slow Art Collective will be taking over our c3 Contemporary Art Space and transforming it into a DIY wonderland where families can imagine new worlds and make art together. As we enter a new and exciting decade, ‘Sensory Art Lab: Vision 2020’ encourages children to lead the conversation about the state of our planet and think about our shared future.
To help us deliver this exciting program, we need the help of volunteers!
We’re looking for volunteers to assist with:
- Supporting visitor engagement by providing a welcoming environment and exceptional customer service for all visitors, in particular children and families
- Overseeing the use of workshop equipment and materials, and assisting with the delivery of participatory projects and workshop activities
- Assisting ACF staff with the set-up, maintenance and pack down of Convent Kids spaces
We’re after volunteers with:
- Excellent communication skills and a can do attitude with a proactive approach to tasks
- A friendly personality and the ability to work in a respectful and encouraging manner with children and families
Convent Kids Volunteering
The Convent Kids Volunteer Program for 2020 runs for 2 weeks with a minimum commitment of 4 x shifts for the duration of the program, 6 – 19 January. Each shift will be 9.30am – 2.30pm. Please note, this is a voluntary, unpaid position. All volunteers must have a valid Working With Children’s Check. There may be further opportunities for volunteering at Convent Kids events throughout 2020 upon successful completion of the January program. Volunteering at Convent Kids is a great opportunity to gain experience, get involved with the Convent community and meet new people. If you have an interest in children’s programming, contemporary art programming, participatory projects, arts and culture – or if you’d just like to help out – please register your interest.