Garden volunteers play a vital role in the maintenance of the Convent’s gardens so they will survive and thrive for generations to come. This role provides appropriate support services for the gardens and grounds staff at the Abbotsford Convent. Our garden volunteers assist in the care, maintenance and presentation of the Convent’s gardens and open spaces through tasks including but not limited to:
- Weeding of selected areas
- Sweeping or raking of paths and open ground areas
- Picking up and moving leaves, garden cutting and similar
- Mulching and composting of the gardens as nominated
- Minor soil preparation and tillage
- Plant cultivation
While volunteers do not need to attend on a weekly basis, we do require a minimum two hour commitment when attending. It is preferred that you volunteer at least once a month, for a minimum commitment of 3 months.
All garden volunteering is currently on hold. This page will be updated when opportunities become available.