The Annexe was constructed in 1902 as a key aspect of the new Convent building. The large number of kitchens and food preparation areas within the Annexe allowed the Sisters to feed the entire site; which at its peak, housed up to 1,000 people. At this time in Victoria, there was no other kitchen operating at this scale. The main baking kitchens contained two enormous wood fired ovens that supplied bread and cakes for the Sisters, the girls and visitors. The Annexe now houses three food and beverage outlets. After restoration works in 2011, the century-old wood fired ovens are still in regular use.