The Abbotsford Convent Foundation (ACF) commissions and presents contemporary arts and cultural work. We work collaboratively with artists, and strive to attract diverse audiences, creating new conversations and new ways to engage with our unique, multi-use site.
The Convent’s artistic program brings our unique precinct to life, by artists responding to contemporary issues and/or to our site – with its rich location, architecture and/or history. Our audiences love our non-traditional spaces and are engaged with work that encourages new ways to think about art and the world.
2017 Commissioned Works
This year’s commissions include the following new works – each free of charge to attend, and taking place at the Convent in Autumn 2017:
- ‘Above and Below’: A two-part work comprising a group meditation on the banks of the Yarra and a short film interpreting the meditation
- ‘PLAYSpace’: An interactive installation which produces unique soundscapes from everyday surfaces and objects
- ‘Sonic Alchemy’: A week-long residency with volunteer participants using kitchen tools and appliances to create an explosive Sound Art public performance
- ‘Cross-Section’: Comprising roving performances and video installations, this work explores the idea of the Convent as a Town Square
- ‘The Light and the Ground’: A semi-permanent ‘gold leaf’ installation bringing the façade of the Convent’s Providence building to life.
Find Out More
To keep abreast of upcoming works and commissions, sign up to the Convent’s monthly e-news, The Humbug.
For information on the Convent’s public programs, works and commissions, contact the ACF’s Producer, Chloe Weavers.
The ACF’s public programming is made possible with thanks to the generous support of public, philanthropic and corporate donations and partnerships. To help support the Convent’s programs for all to enjoy, contact the ACF’s Development Director, Ali Murphy.