Melbourne Fringe: 'CLOUD CONTROL' by Yvette Turnbull
A meteorological encounter.
Part kinetic sculpture, part interactive installation. Inspired by our daily climate and its ability to affect our emotional consciousness. Drawing parallels between these two ever-changing landscapes.
You are in control. Come play.
Interested in the cross-section between these two fields of exploration – the earth’s climate and the human mind – 'CLOUD CONTROL' seeks to highlight the similarities between them through tangible and poetic interactions. At the heart of this work is an innate desire to create work that actively contributes to a discourse surrounding the state of mental health in Australia.
Yvette Turnbull is a set and costume designer for contemporary live performance, theatre and events. A graduate of the Bachelor of Production (Design), from the Victorian College of the Arts (2013), her more recent credits include;
- Site Design for Arts Centre Melbourne for their ASIA TOPA 2017 Program
- Designer for Blind Spot, directed by Daniel Santangeli for Melbourne Fringe 2016 (Winner of Best Performance)
- Co-designer with Jonathon Oxlade for Picasso And His Dog, by Lemony S Puppet Theatre, directed by Sarah Kreigler
- Set & Costume Designer for The Theory of Everything directed by Thomas Quirk for Theatre Republic
- Brisbane Festival 2015. Co-Designer for Virgins and Cowboys, by Morgan Rose Aldrich and directed by Dave Sleswick (Motherboard Productions)
- FLIGHT Festival, Theatreworks 2015. Site Design for Dance Massive at Artshouse 2015.