Convent Kids presents: Sensory Art Lab
Calling all children!
Come to the Convent this summer and discover new sights and sounds as you create hands-on art in our Sensory Art Lab – all for free!
From discovering new things to see, hear and touch in the Glow in the Dark Sensory Space, to creating a giant woven installation full of vibrant colours, children are invited to enjoy new experiences in a stimulating and fun ‘DIY’ atmosphere.
Children aged 1 – 12 years old are invited to ignite their imaginations in our:
- Archoloom Weaving Room – Creating a large-scale woven installation on bamboo scaffolding, made from mixed materials including recycled wool
- Corridor of Auditable Touch – Creating new sounds as they wander through this creative sensory-enabled space
- Sonic Archery Room – Using soft archery arrows to target drum sets, creating great sounds and beats
- Slam Dunk Space – Creating soft balls for slam dunking
- Glow in the Dark Sensory Space – Hearing and touching as they wander through a space specially designed for younger children aged 1 – 2 years.
The free Sensory Art Lab will be held each day from 10am – 2pm, 8 – 21 January 2018 – no bookings required. All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
This program is delivered in partnership with the expert team at Slow Art Collective, whose creative practices focus on environmental sustainability and collaboration.
SENSORY ART LAB CLOSING PARTY
Families are also invited to attend the very special Sensory Art Lab closing party on Saturday 20 January from 3 – 5pm as the Slow Art Collective’s Dylan Martorell and friends bring the space to life with live music and song.
- Prams, front packs and slings welcome
- Changing facilities are located on the first floor, main Convent building
- Pram parking is available in front of the gallery
- Car parking is available in the Convent car park, conveniently located opposite the Convent's main entry on St Heliers Street.
FIND OUT ABOUT MORE UPCOMING EVENTS
Sign up to the Convent’s monthly e-news, The Humbug, to keep abreast of what’s on at the Convent, including upcoming Convent Kids events scheduled for February 2018.