Dance and Being Art Project
The 'Dance and Being' workshop with Vangelis Legakis is a unique synthesis of dance, contact improvisation, Qigong, yoga, healing and meditation, which integrates the Chinese five elements system, their function and how they interconnect with the human body and nature. Particular focus will be given to the fire and water elements – their meridians, organs, and their specific implementation of healing through dance improvisation. You will be supported to explore self-discovery, healing and growth; and to unify and strengthen body, mind and spirit as an individual and part of the collective in relationship through individual, pair, and group work.
Who Is This For?
Anyone who enjoys self-development and learning through their body. Professional and non-professional dancers, Yoga / Quigong practitioners, Zenthai Shiatsu and other healing practitioners, and meditators may particularly enjoy this workshop. All are welcome.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn dance / movement practices for healing and embodiment – to nurture unity and harmony between body, emotions, mind and spirit
- Participate in conscious movement for deepening your connection with yourself and your relationship to others
- Be guided through sitting and moving meditation that support and complement dance and movement practices
- Explore the arts of mindfulness, embodiment, letting go, and transformation
- Embody the Chinese five elements (earth, metal, water, wood, fire) and meridians through movement
- Be supported to explore and express your authentic being
- Bathe in the beauty and grace inherent in human beings
- Bridge dancing to your life & your life to dancing.
Sign up to the Convent’s monthly e-news, The Humbug, to keep abreast of what’s on at the Convent.