Convent Bakery: Beginners Bread Making
The Convent Bakery's bread making workshops will encourage you to have fun at home experimenting with bread. The warm complex aroma of a freshly baked loaf of bread can be an utterly tantalising experience; it brings a house to life and enriches every food it accompanies. Bread making and baking in general should be simple and most importantly fun. The bread baking process will be explained step-by-step and you'll be able to replicate it at home for the enjoyment of friends and family.
- Welcome Fairtrade Organic coffee or tea
- Convent Bakery apron
- Scones or muffins for morning tea which you make, eat and take home served with juice, tea and our own Fairtrade and organic coffee roasted in house
- Lunch time walk around historic convent buildings and grounds
- Pizza for lunch which you make, eat and take home served with juice, coffee and tea
- All recipes and baking methods
- 1 kilo of organic flour to take home
- Basic sourdough bread techniques which you will use on the day to mix and bake your own bread and roll to take home
All workshops are hosted by one of our fully qualified bakers.
Sign up to the Convent’s monthly e-news, The Humbug, to keep abreast of what’s on at the Convent.