Convent Bakery: Artisan Bread Making
The Convent Bakery's bread making workshops will encourage you to have fun at home experimenting with bread. The bread baking process will be explained step-by-step. You'll be able to replicate this at home for the enjoyment of friends and family. The focus of these one day classes is on ciabatta and Turkish breads. These are breads with large air holes, the perfect companion to your favorite pasta dish.
All workshops are hosted by one of our fully qualified bakers or pastry chefs. Private bookings are available with a minimum of eight people any day of the week.
- Welcome cup of Fairtrade organic coffee or tea
- Convent Bakery embroidered apron made from 100 per cent Fairtrade cotton
- Woodfired fruit scrolls for morning tea, which you make, eat and take home
- Lunchtime walk around historic Convent buildings, grounds and artist studios
- Savoury calzone for lunch, which you make, eat and take home
- All recipes and baking methods
- 1 kilo of organic flour to take home
- Basic authentic sourdough bread techniques, which you will use on the day to mix and bake your own bread and rolls to take home.
Sign up to the Convent’s monthly e-news, The Humbug, to keep abreast of what’s on at the Convent.