Australian Writers’ Centre: Magazine & Newspaper Writing
If you’re serious about becoming an intrepid freelance writer, Magazine and Newspaper Writing will give you the tools and skills to craft magazine and newspaper articles that editors want to publish. The Australian Writers' Centre has distilled years of knowledge into a relevant and highly practical course – with scripts, templates and insider information from journalists and editors who are currently working in the industry. After completing this course, you’ll not only write with more confidence, you’ll get published faster.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Ideas – where to get them and which ones work
- Understanding the magazine/news market
- Styles – all the different types of feature articles
- Researching, structuring and actually writing your feature
- Interviewing skills
- Who to approach to get the best subjects for your stories
- Editor expectations of freelance writers
- Pitching your article or idea to a magazine.
Sign up to the Convent’s monthly e-news, The Humbug, to keep abreast of what’s on at the Convent.