Create Your Own Studio Or Office at Abbotsford Convent
- Newly-restored studio and office spaces available at Australia’s largest multi-arts precinct
- Spaces range from 20 – 232m²
- Ready for use or for tenant fit-out
- Situated on more than 6.8 hectares just 4kms from the Melbourne CBD.
JOIN AN OUTSTANDING ARTS, CULTURAL AND LEARNING COMMUNITY
A rare opportunity has arisen to create your own new office or studio space at the Abbotsford Convent – an iconic Melbourne site celebrated for its arts and cultural community, beautiful heritage buildings, green open space and vibrant cafés and eateries.
Based in the Convent’s historic Sacred Heart building, which is currently being restored to create fit-for-use studio and office spaces, more than 1,500m² will be available to lease across a variety of spaces spanning three floors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for arts and cultural professionals, organisations and businesses to join the Convent’s longstanding community of more than 100 artists, writers, creatives, creators, educators, community organisations and wellbeing practitioners.
In addition to office and studio spaces, it is envisaged that Sacred Heart may offer spaces for venue hire, along with bespoke atelier retail spaces showcasing the work of local artists and creative practitioners, including those based at the Convent.
On site at the Convent you’ll also find a range of great food options, two galleries, small and large venues for hire at discounted prices for tenants, and an extensive program of events and workshops all at your doorstep.
NEWLY-RESTORED FLEXIBLE SPACES
Office and studio spaces include:
- Flexibility to fit out the space to your needs
- ADSL2+ data and phone points
- 24 hour building and onsite parking access
- Discounted tenant onsite parking
- Shared tenant breakout/communal space
- Universal access
Spaces range from:
- 20 – 148m² on the ground
- 188 – 232m² on the first floor (Note: spaces can be combined to create larger spaces)
- 82 –107m² on the second floor.
All floors are accessible by lift, and are universal access-compliant.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST NOW SOUGHT
Sacred Heart Expressions of Interest (SHEOI) are now sought from arts and cultural professionals, organisations and businesses interested in leasing a space in the Sacred Heart building at the Abbotsford Convent.
Successful applicants will be selected based on the assessment criteria outlined in the SHEOI Information Pack.
Lease terms and durations will be negotiated with successful applicants.
Timelines for the SHEOI process are as follows*:
- SHEOI application period commences: 1 August 2017
- SHEOI application period closes: 5pm Wednesday 18 October 2017
- Evaluation period: 19 October – mid-November 2017
- Negotiation phase with preferred tenants: Mid-November – mid-December 2017
- Tenant fit-out and move in period: Mid-January to end February 2018
- Scheduled building official opening: March 2018
*Note: Timelines are subject to change pending changes to building works schedules.
The SHEOI process will be managed by Nelson Alexander Commercial, but the selection assessment will be undertaken by the Abbotsford Convent Foundation, which manages the Convent.
Once you have read the SHEOI Information Pack and are confident that you meet the assessment criteria, please contact Nelson Alexander Commercial.